The last time Mike “El Cangri” Ruiz (17-8 9KO’s) was in the ring was in November of 2013 when he faced off against contender Charlie Ota in front of a packed house in Brooklyn, NY; he came up short in a fight in which he entered with various injuries that were further aggravated during the bout. Time heals everything and it looks like a motivated and healthy Ruiz is looking to score an upset when he faces Boyd Melson (14-1-1 4KO’s) in the main event as part of Lou DiBella’s show May 8th at the Hilton Westchester in Rye Brook, NY. Facing a tough southpaw with decent all around qualities, it’s detrimental to get the right sparring to generate a gameplan that will later be executed, this is when various sparring partners like Renan Ruiz (4-1-1 3KO’s) a southpaw from Brooklyn, NY by way of Puerto Rico; come in to play delivering quality work while also preparing for his upcoming bout April 18th in Rochester, NY. The sparring match was another UBG give and take battle with alot of action worth paying to watch under the blazing heat and cameramen who were shooting a short movie for the build-up to Ruiz’s fight. We appreciate all support and info on tickets will be available soon, for now enjoy the photo! UBG STAND UP!
- Brooklyn Will Be In The Buliding https://t.co/nBoC1dnBTM 11 months ago
- Stand Up to stand out Brooklyn we in the building #itstitotime #sunsetpark #ubgheat @universalboxing @DiBellaEnt… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 months ago
- Stand up to stand out @Elgallodanny ready to put in work July 19 @StarBoxing @WBCBoxing #boxeoboricua #elgallo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- Stand up to stand out https://t.co/j6Zamre7FU 1 year ago
- Giorgi Goga Gelashvili Is ready to put in a show March 9 against Otha Jones stand up to stand out @DAZN_USA… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.